Updated: Mar 18
I'm not one for New Year Resolutions.
They infer that we are not 'enough' just as we are, we feel pressure to accomplish them (and often feel unworthy or hopeless if we do not), they are usually unrealistic and don't support or encourage a life-long change.
What I love, and consistently move into (all of the year round) is consciously and mindfully designing a vision, and becoming the person I need to be to create that vision - in my health, relationships, business and prosperity. This vision may be for the next month, year, 5 years or beyond.
When I feel as if my vision isn't appearing as quickly as I would like, when it feels as though something isn't aligned or 'working' as I know it could be, or I feel stuck, I turn inwards (I am the creator of my own world, after all) to check that I have not fallen into one of the traps, or making one of the mistakes I've listed below.
These are the top mistakes we make when we are in pursuit of our vision, or goal. I am excited to share them with you, so you can use the knowledge to your advantage in creating your vision for your future.
1. You are not clear on what you want. If you are jumping from one idea to the next regularly; if your vision is not crystal clear; some clarity is required. 2. Fear of making a decision or becoming stuck in what if? There is a theory that is it impossible to make a 'wrong' decision. If you are frozen in indecision right now, I encourage you to make a choice and move forward. If it turns out that Path A feels wrong, learn from the situation, change direction and move to Path B.
3. Not creating the physical space for your change to appear. By this I mean time. You may need to use your time differently to create something different in your life. 4. Not taking any action. Dreams are fantastic - every invention or creation started as an idea or dream. If you are not taking action - doing whatever is in your power today - to move into your vision, it will remain a dream or idea.
5. You are unaware of your unconscious beliefs. The thoughts that fly into your mind do not appear from nowhere - they are linked to your unconscious beliefs and societal conditioning. Thoughts, and corresponding words (to yourself and others) create emotions and emotions drive our actions. If you are not taking the action required to create your vision, get curious about your beliefs. My article titled "Are You Being Sabotaged By Your Own Self Limiting Beliefs?" may be of assistance.
If you would like to lean into creating a mindful, conscious Vision, in any area of your life, we will be doing so on Wednesday 24 March. Join me, and others like you, for a free 90 minute online workshop and leave with:
1. A Crystal Clear Vision.
2. A Strategy to Move Forward, tailored by you and for you.
3. The Action Steps Required.
4. The Confidence to Start.
CLICK HERE to register. We are excited to see you!