Have you ever been part of a group, network, team or community that has propelled you to your full potential? Maybe you collectively created and delivered an incredible event or an innovative project? Maybe your unified passion, drive and determination helped you achieve something of greatness? Something that not only served others, but expanded YOU as a person.
As the African proverb states, "If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want go far, go together."
It has never been more true than where we find ourselves today. Community cohesion and unity is required right now.
Why do we gain so much when we work together? What are the benefits? How can you tap into those benefits TODAY via your own teams, groups, networks and communities?
Here are my top 8 observations:
1. They are our greatest cheerleaders. Surround yourself with people who believe in you and YOU will rise. Surround yourself with the RIGHT people and watch your mission become theirs also. Remember to be their cheerleader in return.
2. They are our support network. When we are facing a challenge, feeling a bit lost and unsure, confused about the next step OR when we feel afraid; our support network lifts us and guides us through. I have observed multiple members of my community embrace and support others (even if they have never personally experienced that particular challenge) with empathy and compassion. This trait is a true reflection of the human spirit.
3. They combat any feelings of isolation. Working with others can help alleviate feelings of isolation, boredom and loneliness. Probably the most common feedback I receive when I host group events is that people no longer feel alone. EVEN if individual challenges seem unique on the outside, underneath we all crave the same things.
4. They nurture our sense of belonging. No matter what our personal and professional circumstance, connecting with others creates social interaction and increases our sense of belonging in our wider community. It is so heart-warming when someone shares something they feel is unique to them (and maybe causes them to feel unhelpful and unwanted shame) only to have to someone raise their hand and say "me too".
5. They give us another perspective. When you are absorbed and engulfed in your own life and career it is sometimes difficult to see things from another point of view. Had a tiff with your business partner, colleague or friend? Struggling with a difficult client? Raise it with your support network. Not only will a true cheerleader keep your confidences, they will often have an outsider’s perspective which may expand your mind to an alternative possibility.
6. They teach us life lessons and how to respect differences. Advances in technology allow us to meet on a global scale, opening our worlds to diversity and cultures unlike our own. As someone who spent a decade doing this in person, I personally appreciate I can now experience this by logging onto my laptop. The world is "getting smaller" and this more intimate connection gives us the opportunity to expand our minds to other points of view and learn from others all over the globe, thus bringing us together as one.
7. They inspire us and drive us forward. There is a saying that if you are smartest person in the room, you are in the wrong room - something I personally embrace. When I immerse myself in opportunities with people I find inspiring, but also intimidating (only in my own mind of course), I am never disappointed. Of course I feel uncomfortable (#fraudcomplex) at first. But I also learn a lot about myself, unwrap gifts I didn't even realise I possessed, cultivate my secondary skills and move forward at a much faster rate than I would have flying solo.
8. It's fun! Friendships, laughter, connection, community, joy, expansion, creation, leadership, inspiration and growth.
The power a circle of like-minded souls create is something to behold, an experience I am excited to re-create within my brand new program: Level-Up Your Leadership.
LEVEL-UP YOUR LEADERSHIP is a group coaching program for new, emerging and current leaders who wish to invest in themselves, and their career, over the next six months with me as their coach. Bonus calls have already kicked off, with the main program beginning in July. Join before the 30 June and you may be able to claim in this year's tax return - WOO HOO!
From now, until the end of the year, we will lay a strong foundation that will support you for years to come:
// Career Clarity
// Leadership Vision
// Energy and Time Management
// Emotional Intelligence
// Eliminating 'Leadership Loneliness'
ALONG WITH whatever YOU bring to the table. Fortnight after fortnight, month after month, until the end of the year. A group of high performers, authentic conversation, collaboration, growth, expansion and unwavering support. I am so excited!
If this calls out to you, I invite you to CLICK HERE to find out more.